What is a home to you? Is it a warm bed you can’t get out of in the morning? Is it an escape to a cozy lemon-scented bathroom? Or maybe it’s simply the clanging of your partner’s keys as they strike the surface of your kitchen’s granite countertop. Here’s what’s certain: home is what matters. Home is where we make precious memories and experience most of our lives. It’s the American dream. And although the feeling of being “at home” can’t be bought, there are many things you can do to improve your personal space and make it, well, your own. That’s where Kitchen and Bath Depot comes in. Kitchen and Bath Depot is your premier design and build firm for home remodels and renovations. For over three decades, Kitchen and Bath Depot has built its reputation on providing top quality services and customer satisfaction throughout the Maryland and D.C. area. In this introductory post we’ll get things started by giving you a little bit of insight into the kind of work we deliver and what you can expect from your next home remodeling project.
Knowing Where to Begin – Remodeling Expectations
If you’ve ever heard a home renovation horror story, you’re probably already wary of the many complications and deterrents that can turn your dream project into a nightmare. Sudden project changes, delays, budget disagreements and miscommunication can cost you dearly. But the truth is home remodeling doesn’t have to be a challenge. If you’re a homeowner with a decommissioned kitchen but have been too paralyzed to do anything about it, getting in touch with a quality, transparent contractor can help. Here’s a quick look at how you can avoid common sources of “renovation stress” and make your next project easy and painless.
The Secret to an Anxiety-Free Kitchen Remodeling
- Do your research – The most common remodeling pitfalls typically involve homeowners that simply haven’t done enough research. It’s important to have a solid idea of how much everything will cost and how long it will take to complete, and many homeowners tend to overlook the finer details. An experienced professional should be able to provide you with a general timeline and will notify you when changes occur in subcontractor costs, equipment rentals, delays, transportation or other line item costs. However, it’s a good idea to be prepared for inevitable surprises.
- Plan ahead – Planning for the future doesn’t just mean reaching the finish line. Consider where your kitchen will be in 5 or even 10 years. Are you planning to stay in this home forever or is this simply a step on your way to finding the perfect dream home? Styles can change quickly, so you’ll want to make sure your investment is actually going toward good use. You can save big on future investments by making plans early.
- Understand your home – Many homeowners find themselves in a bind after they discover previously unknown “quirks” or inherent issues about their homes. Even homes built within the last decade can hide things from the homeowner that may make remodeling decisions difficult. Experienced remodelers can try to make estimates, but they do not always know what work is specifically needed until after walls have been torn down. In addition to tempering your expectations, it’s a good idea to review permits that were done on your home in the past and to keep track of all future projects.
- Communicate – Miscommunication happens between husbands and wives, homeowners and professionals, manufacturers and delivery services. If you’re a homeowner that’s new to the remodeling process, try to ask friends and family who’ve done this before. They will give you some idea of the kinds of questions you should be asking. When it comes to the actual design of your project, the more specific you are the faster and more tailored a result you’ll receive. Remember, your remodeling project is usually only as good as the relationship you build with your contractor.
A Look at Our Services
At Kitchen and Bath Depot we don’t think of ourselves as your run-of-the-mill contractor, but as craftsman committed to creating a space that fits your vision. We believe in a collaborative design process so that we can ensure your complete satisfaction with the final result. As part of our showroom consultation, we will meet with you to discuss design ideas. If you have them you can bring pictures or floor plans of what you have in mind, and we will try to work out a budget that fits. If our services are a good fit, we’ll send someone out take measurements and work up an estimate. Once the construction process is ready to begin, our project manager will build you a schedule and keep tabs on all of the logistics — from the big picture to the smallest details. Our goal is always to make your remodeling project a headache free endeavor.
Even if you aren’t a very serious cook, the kitchen may still be the most important part of your home. For many people, the kitchen is their home’s “hub” — where food is stored, meals prepared, and memories shared. Although kitchens were once solely designed for cooking, modern kitchens puts an emphasis on the living experience. At Kitchen and Bath Depot, we strive to create kitchens that are rich in both function and personality. A remodeling can substantially improve your kitchen’s:
- Cabinetry and other storage areas
- Faucets and sinks
- Lighting fixtures
Bathrooms are an intensely personal space, which means that it’s all the more important to get it right. A bathroom remodel is no place for improvisation, which is why Kitchen and Bath Depot’s talented designer will work with you to meet your family’s unique needs. With a bathroom makeover you can expand your storage space, increase the value of your home, correct damaged or missing features, provide added functionality and make your bathroom into the luxurious haven that you deserve.
Home Remodeling and Additions
Our services don’t end with just the kitchen and bathroom though. We also specialize in providing basement remodels, garages, porticos, decks, sunrooms, laundry rooms and other custom home additions. If your family needs more breathing room, Kitchen and Bath Depot are the experts that can make it happen. Check out our portfolio and inspiration gallery to get started with some fresh ideas.
Making it Easy – The Right People for the Job
Hiring the right contractor can make the biggest difference in your kitchen or bathroom remodeling experience. Of course, it seems obvious who we might recommend for the job — but there’s more to it than that. A contractor is only as good as his last job, and Kitchen and Bath Depot has been delighting clients since 1985. Remember, the best contractors tend to be the busiest ones, and they’re well worth waiting for. Building your schedule around your contractor (and not the other way around) will provide you with the best results.
Quality Home Remodeling Services from Kitchen and Bath Depot
Ready to get started on your next kitchen or bath remodeling project? Kitchen and Bath Depot is your premier home remodeling professional. We provide remodeling services to customers throughout Maryland, Washington D.C., Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Rockville, Potomac, Silver Spring, Olney, Gaithersburg, Derwood and North Potomac. We’re here to talk whenever you’re ready, so get in touch with us at 301-942-8092 or check out our showroom at 11637 Boiling Brook Parkway Rockville, MD. You can also read up on our latest testimonials or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.