For many families, home is where the kitchen is, and a kitchen island or countertop plays a huge role in that. There are many materials you can choose from for your kitchen countertop, but granite remains especially popular among homeowners. And it’s not just a trend, granite countertops come with a number of real advantages.
- Granite is durable. It is one of the hardest and densest natural stones. That makes it extremely scratch resistant and able to retain its luster over much longer periods of time than other materials. And because granite countertops are so durable, they’re the perfect kid friendly solution. As long as your countertop is properly sealed, stains and other household chemicals won’t post a threat.
- Natural beauty. No two slabs of granite look exactly alike. Granite features natural variations in the stone that will give your kitchen countertop its own unique look. Some granite patterns look like sand, others feature swirls, veins and specks. Light also reflects off granite in such a way as to emphasize the depth of each piece.
- Granite provides a cohesive look. Whether your kitchen features a contemporary or traditional style, granite can fit in with the rest of your kitchen design. It can be cut into a wide variety of shapes and styles to fit your particular kitchen’s needs.
- Easy to maintain. In addition to being long lasting, granite countertops are fairly simple to care for. With proper sealing to help prevent stains and liquid absorption, granite will hold up for many years.
- Granite is easily cleaned. Mild soap and water will get the job done. And unlike some other materials, granite is sanitary and won’t harbor bacteria.
- Granite countertops are heat resistant. You can safely set your hot pans and pots directly on the countertop without worrying about damaging the surface.
- Granite countertops add value to your home. Granite countertops are sought after by many home buyers, and their value doesn’t depreciate over time.
Kitchen Remodeling from Kitchen and Bath Depot
Ready to get started on your next kitchen remodeling project? Kitchen and Bath Depot is your premier home remodeling professional. We provide remodeling services to customers throughout Maryland, Washington D.C., Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Rockville, Potomac, Silver Spring, Olney, Gaithersburg, Derwood and North Potomac.
We’re here to talk whenever you’re ready, so get in touch with us at 301-942-8092 or check out our showroom at 11637 Boiling Brook Parkway Rockville, MD. You can also read up on our latest testimonials or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.